Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Duck Dodge, Lake Union



My friend Paul invited me to crew on his boat Tuesday night for a race known as the Duck Dodge out at Lake Union. We cast off the dock from SYC at 6, sounded the air horn to the University Bridge master at 6:30 to raise the draw bridge under which we proceeded out to the Lake. I've always thought this was a small lake; imagine it packed with racing boats. While I have sailed before, Paul's entire crew was novice to this boat and his captaining style. Still we managed to do as Paul likes to do; we did well.

The highlights of the evening included the play of light and shadow, the perspective from being perched more than half way up the mast, and the end of race raft-up-soiree. Winding down, wind in my hair, wine in my soul, I then changed out of my sail sandles, back into my bike cleats, and pushed off the dock on the two wheels well after 11PM. Another not-so-urban urban adventure. I love this city! Posted by Picasa

No comments: