Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Sunrise Sunset

After yesterday's trialthetic work out (bike to work, bike home, run to pool, swim, run home), I'm amazed I'm still awake to write about today's epic long day at the "office". I left home this morning, 6:15 am, moon light shining in a clear sky. The sunrise was magnificent, a pastel smudge of pale orange and purple clinging like whisps on the Cascades. The sun had not yet risen above the peaks by 7:10.

Then, I left work today at 6:15 pm. Brilliant October sunshine bronzed the Olympic peaks. From the Montlake bridge I couldn''t decide which way to look. By the time I pulled the bike up the driveway the sky was deepening a blood orange in the south western sky.

It's getting to be that time of year, when I come and go by the rise and fall of the sun. Still today was exceptionally long; the ride was richly rewarding.

No comments: