Friday, July 01, 2011

Bjork and other music

I remember buying the green cassette tape of Bjork's Sugar Cube's album--Life's too Good. I remember that I loved that album so much, the cassette case got so scratched as I drove around wishing I was "on my bicycle" and that I was more of a punk "delicious demon" than I really was at the start of high school.

I remember hearing the word Iceland as if it was a cold delicious treat.

Soon, I will get the taste.

Thankfully, Bjork's been pouring a little sugar in my bowl for a week or so now, as KEXP's been playing songs off her soon to be released new album, "Biophilia" (the very term which I recently blogged about professionally). Today, the New York Times writes about her work and the Science of Song. Could she be any more my gal?

The NYTimes reports that "from their beginnings, the songs on “Biophilia” had a grand ambition: to unify music, nature (as described by science) and technology."

Sing it!
And maybe boogie a bit with this inspiration from Iceland.

No comments: